How can i come back to 8.1 and restore my backup after software reset?

places

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a Lumia 520. I had a problem with the flight mode, it didnt want to turn off, i just couldn't use my sim card. I got the phone to the authorised Nokia service and they did a complete software reset.

The problem now is that they put in the old software version 8.0, not 8.1. When i go ''check for updates'' it doesnt give me any new updates. And i cant see where can i restore my previous backup(before the software reset).

Any solutions?
Thanks in advance :)

P.S. If its a little confusing, please ask me for details. i just tried to make it as short as possible.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a Lumia 520. I had a problem with the flight mode, it didnt want to turn off, i just couldn't use my sim card. I got the phone to the authorised Nokia service and they did a complete software reset.

The problem now is that they put in the old software version 8.0, not 8.1. When i go ''check for updates'' it doesnt give me any new updates. And i cant see where can i restore my previous backup(before the software reset).

Any solutions?
Thanks in advance :)

P.S. If its a little confusing, please ask me for details. i just tried to make it as short as possible.

use windows phone recovery tool to get the latest firmware for your device . after the reset you will get the option to restore your backup. you will get only one chance. use the below link for download wp recovery tool and update your device to latest firmware ;) good day

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=522381

places

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Tried that..

Firstly, it doesnt give me the latest firmware with the wp recovery tool, it's the same software as the one i have now, 8.0

And secondly, when i choose a backup, it gives me some backup(that i didnt made) two days ago, with the 8.0. But when i log on OneDrive on my PC, under Device Backups the only backup there is the one i made like 10 days ago, with the 8.1, actually, the backup i need, but i can't find it on my phone.

Suggestions?

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hard reset, and it when it resets you will be prompted to start with a clean slate or use your back up, I had to do the same thing when I rolled back from tp10, also I couldn't access back up on OneDrive phone , I could see it but it wasn't clickable, I then hard reset and was given the option to use either of my two backups

places

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset, and it when it resets you will be prompted to start with a clean slate or use your back up, I had to do the same thing when I rolled back from tp10, also I couldn't access back up on OneDrive phone , I could see it but it wasn't clickable, I then hard reset and was given the option to use either of my two backups
Just tried it, doesnt work...

It gives me a backup that i didnt made(and it does NOT exist in OneDrive), and the one i did(and it does exist in OneDrive) is gone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs