I have a Fe screen shots , I confused why android has a desktop app for windows but my windows Lumia phone does not?
    04-13-2015 03:42 AM
    I have a Fe screen shots , I confused why android has a desktop app for windows but my windows Lumia phone does not?
    There is a windows phone apps for desktop and modern windows that used to sync content between your PC and phone (Like Nokia PC Suite) and there is a tools for recovery called lumia recovery tools.

For WP 7 there is a Zune for it
    04-13-2015 03:47 AM
    lumia phone do have a desktop app download it here:

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/h...pp-for-desktop

good day ;)
    04-13-2015 03:48 AM
    Thanks I've tried that, I'm going to Microsoft store tommorow for assistance, I don't own a personal pc so I was hoping for a mobile app, appreciate your help though.
    04-13-2015 03:53 AM
    I'm confused here. You want to access a Windows Desktop, but you don't have a PC?
    04-13-2015 03:57 AM
    On my android there is a windows file manager that converts all my contents apks,media,any file that's on phone and it displays it in windows desktop view, on my device, basically a file explorer but its windows desktop made by windows, i was curious as to why there is not a file explorer on windows store that has this capability , its made by Microsoft but I can't find it, for android its called windows file manager
    04-13-2015 05:20 AM
    Microsoft has an app called "Files".
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-13-2015 05:25 AM
    More advanced file browser is coming in Win 10 as well...
    04-13-2015 11:45 AM
    Some evidence of the best experience on Windows Phone 10
    Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20150413_0004.png  
    04-13-2015 12:30 PM
    On my android there is a windows file manager that converts all my contents apks,media,any file that's on phone and it displays it in windows desktop view, on my device, basically a file explorer but its windows desktop made by windows, i was curious as to why there is not a file explorer on windows store that has this capability , its made by Microsoft but I can't find it, for android its called windows file manager
    file manager?
    https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/s...9-3526f54fc25e

if you looking to browse content with USB cable just plug it to your PC you can browse the files in both Phone and SD card Memory
    when you want to install apps from .XAP file put it to your SD card. then open store tiles the SD card section should be there
    04-13-2015 01:26 PM
    What is the app called?
    04-13-2015 01:34 PM
    Don't forget there's now also the MS-DOS for Mobile app 😉!
    04-13-2015 01:51 PM
    Srsly tho.... I presume the OP means this one:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...monkeysoft.awm

If that is the one, that's a lot of chrome that doesn't, IMO, translate well to a small screen touch interface. But, YMMV.

Partly, due to design and intentional limitations, a lot of the file system in WP is presently off limits.

Just search for file managers on windowsphone.com, try a couple, and enjoy.
    04-13-2015 02:01 PM
    It's a Microsoft application devloped by Microsoft its call Windows File Manager, I'm trying to post the link you screen shots but apparently I don't have enough posts yet, anyways its a really cool app, it even accesses one drive and your able to view all phone and cloud storage content, it resembles a pc.experience completely.
    04-13-2015 02:42 PM
    It's a Microsoft application devloped by Microsoft its call Windows File Manager, I'm trying to post the link you screen shots but apparently I don't have enough posts yet, anyways its a really cool app, it even accesses one drive and your able to view all phone and cloud storage content, it resembles a pc.experience completely.
    Made by monkeysoft: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...monkeysoft.awm

Are you playing a trick on us?
    04-13-2015 04:56 PM
    I stand corrected , I wrote this way earlier but alot of the times my comments disappear , I really did think it was Microsoft, but your right its not bit honestly its a fly app
    04-13-2015 11:10 PM
    I stand corrected , I wrote this way earlier but alot of the times my comments disappear , I really did think it was Microsoft, but your right its not bit honestly its a fly app
    File system on WP isn't showed whatever the apps uses. Why? Because the apps run on sanbox mode so they can't modify the system.
    System can set apps to do few thing (lockscreen, ringtones) but it just only when user modify it on setting they can't do themself
    04-14-2015 01:31 AM