My music player refuses to play songs with an 80070003 error messagefix it?.

W

WPCentral Question

Hi, as stated above, about third of the songs I have on my micro SD refuses to be played in the music player, shutting it down and reporting:

This file can?t be played on this phone device. Error code: 80070003.

I have lumia 630, bought 3 months ago, my SD card is 8Gb.

I previously had a 4gig memory card in it, only filled with music. I decided to enlarge my collection, but this seemingly unsolvable problem occured. I copied about 600 mp3 songs to the 8gig card same as I used to do with my old 5310Xpressmusic, stuck it in the lumia and soon found out that the music player shuts itself down. I already googled as much about it as possible, but none of the tips found don?t seem to work. I also searched this subreddit.

I already:

formatted the card and copied the songs back again
tried to copy the songs via USB through the official software
tried to search for the duplicates in the music player and delete them
tried to restart my phone several hundred times
tried to fiddle with the Xbox music settings through my WP account, which didn?t help at all since Xbox music is not supported in my country.
tried to manually delete the songs that don?t work and copy them back again (others started reporting the error).

The only thing that I found about and haven?t tried is hard reboot, because I am not sure whether my contacts (especially phone numbers, since other contacts are mostly on facebook) are synchronized somewhere and rewriting them manually would take like couple years of my life, any advice on where to check whether my contacts are stored somewhere would be appreciated.

One thing that might add some more info is that when I used the default Smart storage (or whatever the name is in English) app I found out that all the songs on the memory card are listed as Other, not as Music, even though I copied them via the USB and the app under the Music section.

I am figuratively THIS / / close to throwing the phone out of my window shouting (add the obvious insult here) you windows! ...

Please save me (and my phone before I murder it) Windows phone people.

Manuel Mares

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Lumia 640 XL, I tried changing all the properties many times, but it just does not works, so I resigned until I remembered the application from Nokia, "MixRadio", then I opened my music from it and it works, so I started to reproduced all my music there.
Yesterday I tried again in "Xbox Music" app, and for some reason it works out, I could reproduce all of my music there, seems like opened from "MixRadio" repair the error.

Sorry for bad english, I'm from M?xico... And yes, I like tacos

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon