[Help] Store bug or Candy Crush bug?

rvb2411

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I got this problem on my Nokia Lumia 525. A week ago I tried to reinstall candy crush...i lost the wifi connection in-between the downloading process.
Later when I got the wifi connection the downloading didn't resume...just showed"pending"...later I tried to update my other apps like"vlc" they too show "pending" status. So I tried this, cancelled the downloading of candy crush. But no app got updated.
Now I cant even download new apps as they join the "pending" club....
Please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Please help me! :(

You could try turning WiFi OFF, Canceling all the pending apps, then restarting your phone. THEN turn WiFi back ON & try to download an app.

Try a Soft Reset, but ... Ultimately, it sounds like you'll be backing up & Hard Reset your phone.

We don't know what you've tried, already.

rvb2411

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

You could try turning WiFi OFF, Canceling all the pending apps, then restarting your phone. THEN turn WiFi back ON & try to download an app.

Try a Soft Reset, but ... Ultimately, it sounds like you'll be backing up & Hard Reset your phone.

We don't know what you've tried, already.

I have tried the thing you mentioned buddy... Not helping me. Don't know how to take backup of my phone! :/ its almost 16 gb sd data...can you help me with this? At least a link to "how to backup" would help me lot...thank you

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I have tried the thing you mentioned buddy... Not helping me. Don't know how to take backup of my phone! :/ its almost 16 gb sd data...can you help me with this? At least a link to "how to backup" would help me lot...thank you

Plug the phone into a charger, go to SETTINGS >> BACKUP >> apps + settings >> back up NOW

The SDcard can be dismounted & should be, before Hard Reset - though any apps on it are LOST & would have to be re-installed.

BTW - Candy Crush is NOT the end of the world.

rvb2411

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

Plug the phone into a charger, go to SETTINGS >> BACKUP >> apps + settings >> back up NOW

The SDcard can be dismounted & should be, before Hard Reset - though any apps on it are LOST & would have to be re-installed.

Alright...you sure a hard reset will definitely work...?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 525. Upgraded to denim. I never do "insider" thing. So the device is upgraded upto official updates. What else should I mention here?

Any damage / drops. etc - does everything else work?

Do you know how to Hard Reset?

BTW - you're prolly gonna lose all game progress!

Manchester1894

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

It might be this issue I had:

Bought a Lumia 640, one for me, one for my wife. We've had problems with the Windows Store where on my phone I could not download FIFA 15 and hers Candy Crush Saga. Now she first had the issue and noticed the game download would stick at pending or partially download(upto 48MB). Cancelling and restarting, region change and syncing the account again all failed. We gave up. Until I had the issue with FIFA on my phone. I used Google Play/Android Phone before. On that platform you can install an app via your laptop and it will auto download to your device. Through playing around for an hour on the laptop I figured it out.
On my 8.1 laptop, I used Google products and my sign-in was Gmail. This then made the Windows sign-in use that email address. On my phone I used a hotmail account. What the phone seemed to know is that my Wife and I had already owned the game via Google/Nexus and didn't want to let us download again. Changing my laptop, windows store email to hotmail(to match the phone) worked - gave it a restart and sync too just to be on the safe side. But hey presto, I seem to have fixed an issue that may affect a lot more users!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb