Lumia 830 - Data (Mobile internet) services not working. Voice is fine?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 830 - Data (Mobile internet) services not working. Voice is fine.

Lumia 830 - Data (Mobile internet) services not working. Voice is fine. Wi-fi connection is fine. The data services icon comes on. It does seem like a Lumia 830 issues. This is the second issue I am facing with this phone. Previously was voice connectivity while roaming.

Thanks
Ravi

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 - Data (Mobile internet) services not working. Voice is fine.

What carrier do you have? Is your device branded to your carrier, or is it an unlocked device?

We will need more information from you to be able to help you. Please register and reply.

Once you have registered and replied, we will be able to assist you further with information such as the proper APN settings for your carrier.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it is not your carrier? They may be doing work on towers in your area and that could cause disruptions. If everything is working and then data just goes out that most often is a carrier-side issue and they rarely will admit to it.

Try toggling Flight Mode on... Then off. That forces a reconnection to your network and may be a quick work around. If issues persist it may be hardware, but my 830 keeps a pretty good signal lock and I don't see a lot of complaints on the issue so it is not design... You could possibly have a faulty unit, but I'm not sure you present enough anecdotal evidence to support that claim as of yet.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I had this EXACT same problem.

The issue for me was that, when I activated it on my carrier (AT&T), I was told the IMEI was entered on my account. However, I called in, and they had my old phone, and for some reason, the system realized it one day, and disabled my data services.

I had them update the system with the correct IMEI, and it was fixed immediately.

So, I would say check with them and make sure they have your correct IMEI in their system.

laiwincen

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. Am using 830 on Singtel line and have reset more than twice and each time the mobile data is fine at first but after a few days it will just stop working. Last time it seems to happen after the motion data has been updated. It definitely is not a carrier problem I think.

Chin Voon Lai

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Just reset my phone and got Windows 10 Tech preview on my phone for two days now and did not back up from previous backups. Data is working fine so far and hopes it continues to work. (on Singtel Singapore)

Last edited:

Chin Voon Lai

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Confirm it is motion data causing the problem. As mentioned Data connection working fine till motion data update just now followed by a forced restart. Immediately after that the data connection stops working. Hope Microsoft can provide a quick solution as I am sick of hard reset and reinstalling so frequently to solve the problem.

Chin Voon Lai

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
It happened again today. After working for two days after I reset and reinstall, then it stops working once the motion data update was downloaded. Quite pissed off that it has not been addressed yet even after earlier posting indicating the source of the problem.

Chin Voon Lai

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Reset my lunia 830 and did a custom reinstall with apps update disabled. Motion data was not allowed to update but again the mobile connection was out of order after just two days. So motion data is not the culprit after all. Tried to roll back to 8.1 using device recovery tool but always fail.:angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon