HTC One M8 MMS APN Settings

W

WPCentral Question

Hi there,

From my multiple Bing search (just trolling here), I understand that my newly bought Verizon HTC ONE M8 for Windows Phone has its MMS APN settings hidden by Verizon for some stupid reasons and that there are no solution around expect for this very dangerous one which I am not ready to attempt.

My question here: can anyone with a unlocked HTC One M8 Windows Phone from other than Verizon is able to access its MMS APN settings?

What I am trying to figure here is if I can sold my Verizon model to buy a unlocked T-Mobile or AT&T model to gain access of the MMS APN settings.

I love my new phone, but I can't live without MMS (seriously, I need it for my work).

Please tell me that one of you have a HTC One M8 Windows Phone from an other carrier than Verizon and can confirm me that the MMS APN settings are not hidden.

Thank you all!

B.

Benoit GD

May 23, 2015
Visit site
From my researches, there is no way to access the APN MMS settings, so no HTC One M8 from Verizon will be able to send and receive pictures and such by texts.

Seems like this is not the case for HTC One M8 phones from AT&T, T-Mobile or Factory Unlocked phones.

Pretty frustrating indeed.

B.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... Unfortunately it looks as if it is not going to feasible to access the MMS settings. Vzw locks them out, plain and simple. No work around has been found to date that I am aware of...

It is not just the One M8 that suffers from this. It is across Vzw branded Windows Phones.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Verizon has mms apn locked down. Seen only a handful of people who said they were able to get it to work. It's the reason I didn't get the Ativ SE. Maybe someone will chime in with a solution for you though.

Last edited:

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Those of us who come from Windows Phone 7.x and interop-developer unlocked our devices were able to use Nokia's Network Setup app, but God forbid Windows Store doesn't have such an app for Windows Phone 8.x devices. My ex-wife wanted a simple phone and it's perfect for her except this and I can't speak for all of you, I am so sick of carriers manipulating these devices. There is always, always a catch. Everybody in my world thinks I own a HTC One M7 Windows device; I say nope, the closest I can get to a WP device is the launcher on the device.

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I realize it's been two months...but do you know for a fact if the HTC One M8 Windows on AT&T and/or T-Mobile are able to access the MMS APNs for manual configuration? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon