Quiet Hours doesn't turn off sometimes?

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
There doesn't seem to be any reason why this happens, It should turn on at 10pm and turn off at 6am, some times it does and sometimes like today it doesn't, its 7.45am and its still turned on, I had to manually turn it off.

Does anyone else get this?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Under Quiet Hours there is a box you can tick to engage Quiet Hours when your Calendar is marked busy. I love it. I don't have to remember to silence my phone during important meetings, or at the Doctor's Office, etc...

Check the Birthday event. Edit all occurrences so it is not marked busy. Problem solved for this date anyway.

I find the automagical silence of the phone when Busy to be too valuable to pass up. By default Busy is not marked and you have to manually select it when editing the Event. My guess, some previous year you made the recurrence busy and now Cortana/Quiet Hours is just doing as you asked. I bet you have several such recurrences marked that way and that is why you are getting this issue.

It is also helpful to refrain from making events All Day if they are marked Busy unless you want your phone not to ring...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism