I was randomly added to a group conversation [Viber], how is it possible?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I just open my viber and saw that i was added to a group conversation which is really weird because someone added me to that same group on facebook too. My facebook and viber account aren't even connected plus the person who added me to that group or anyone in that group don't even have my phone number. How is this possible?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: I was randomly added to a group conversation

Who knows?
Do you know some of these people or are they complete strangers?
How you know for sure they do not have your phone number? (There is more personal information on the web then you may think.)
Maybe they added you by accident because the person who added you made a mistake with the phone number. (So he/she did not want to add you but someone else.)
Why not ask the person who added you?
But you always can leave the group.

tnat94

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
No, they are not complete strangers, they were from my high school and they are on my facebook... all those people are overseas. I know they don't have my contact information because I never gave them and this is a new number. It is strange since it can't be an accident. The same thing has happened to one of my Facebook friends too. The same day she was added to the facebook group her viber got added to that group conversation too. And now some of them send me facebook messages asking that if that's my phone number :eck: .. I haven't talked to the person who created that group in 5 or 6 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise