Why am I unable to send MMS photos, but I can receive MMS photos on my Blu Win HD LTE?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've ran into a weird issue where I get an error of "Can't send message. Try again?" whenever I attempt to send an photo via MMS. But if someone sends me a photo via MMS, it works fine.

My carrier is Cricket and I have updated the MMS APN along with the Internet APN as per Cricket's online instructions. Before I did this, I was unable to send and receive messages. :)

I did have an issue where the MMS APN settings for the WAP gateway setting would not save. I ended up doing a reset of the entire phone to get this to save.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you join the site and reply in this thread with more info?

Are you using a Verizon Branded phone on Cricket?

What else can you tell us about your phone? Model? OS and version?

I suspect you have a Vzw device with an unlocked SIM tray. Vzw have obscured the settings you need to get into and your device will not configure fully for MMS on Cricket. If this is the case, there is no known workaround.

MMS APN settings for Cricket. - Microsoft Community

captmorgan09

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked Blu Win HD LTE which I bought directly from Microsoft's store. I originally was on ATT with this phone then switched over to Cricket. It's currently running Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 which was pushed down not very long after I purchased the phone.

When I was on ATT, I was able to send/receive MMS without any issues with the Win HD LTE.

Troubleshooting I've done so far:
- Initially the phone was unable to send or receive MMS.
- Performed a hard reset of the phone, then restored from the last backup. Was able to receive MMS after this but was unable to send.
- I did try out another Windows Phone of mine, Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1, with the Cricket SIM and the exact same APN settings and was able to send and receive MMS. Put the SIM back into into the Win HD LTE, same thing: can't send an MMS but can receive.

I appreciate any thoughts on what else I can do. I will be going to my local Cricket store soon to have them check it as well.

Link below for the phone itself. Since I'm a noob on here, I'm unable to post a valid link.
w w w. microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/BLU-Win-HD-LTE--Unlocked/productID.316711500

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the site...

Sorry, I totally spaced out. The phone make and model was in the title.

Hmmm... The SIM works in a Lumia 920 to send/receive MMS on Cricket. Same settings both phones... Good SIM, good settings. Right.

The Blu Win HD LTE will send/receive MMS when using an ATT SIM. Good hardware.

The issue then must be at Cricket. Ask them about a reprovision. That's like a do-over on getting your account authorizations put in their system.

The only other thing I can think of is make sure Max Size is correct: "10240" according to my research. Also, sometimes for reasons I've never seen explained, WAP Gateway needs to be an IP address and not the host name. I've seen this on fringe use devices. Instead of "WAP Gateway: proxy.aiowireless.net" try using the equivalent "WAP Gateway: 127.0.0.1" and see if that clears it up.

captmorgan09

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I do have the max size set to 10240. I tried changing the WAP Gateway to 127.0.0.1 with the same results, unable to send MMS. I plan to stop by a Cricket store this weekend and see if they can figure out what's going on. I'll post what the outcome was when I have more info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes