Overly attached battery % guy

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
We all know that glance and dttw drain battery by small %, but who of you know how much small % it drain ?
Is it bad or not? Dttw and glance are nice and usefull features, it will be shame if they use like 10% battery on hour or so.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No... It's not that bad. I use them all the time, always on.

The percent per hour when idle is very small. Close to 1%.

I've been off the charger for 26 hours on my 1520. I'm a light user and it is showing me 62% battery remaining and a current discharge rate of 1.32% per hour when I just woke my phone. By contrast, now having the screen on and my Battery App open a few moments it climbed to 2.69% per hour...

To me, the ease and convenience of those features makes having them on very worthwhile and not a bothersome drain at all.

P.S.: In addition to Glance and Double-Tap-to-Wake, my phone is also always listening for "Hey Cortana."

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm more duble minded about dttw and glance (allways on, like it but i put on peek), it's somehow drain alot of battery when using the phone. How i can ,,test" my battery to see how much % drain per hour with a d witout those features? Is there any app?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
There is no app but what you could do is test it over night like below.

Check battery percentage.
Switch on airplane mode (prevents data or wifi "mix" up the result)
Switch on DTTW and Glance (always on)
Check in the morning the battery percentage.

Next Night do the same but with DTTW and Glance Off

And you could split up to do it one more time with only DTTW or Glance always on.

And let us know the results

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I tried with ,,pure battery indicator pro" and ,,battery test" in options. Discharge rate vary, but around 1,4% without and 1,7% with enabled features, also i noticed after turning ,,what's app" in background app off, my phone seem snapier (hardly true, because it is a beast) and fir now no heating att all. I used for some forums read and it's 0,5c* warmer. That's like nothing! I will test this further with other battery apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes