Can you transfer the car phonebook to a USB or to my iphone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have unrecoverably lost the contacts on my iphone - no way of getting them back BUT the contacts are on the car phonebook (Ford Focus). So my question is, is there a way of downloading the phonebook as a .csv file or whatever, to a USB or to transfer to my phone (but I don't want to sync my phone to the car phonebook or it will wipe them). It's a conundrum.....

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
You may want to check on a site that handles issues for the Ford Focus or it's navigation system as well. They may help you get the info form the vehicle.

However, be aware that the way the vehicle Bluetooth phone books work are pretty much the way they all work. You can add contacts to them, you can delete contacts from them, but they are not equipped with and OS that allows you to share contacts on those devices to other devices. They are designed only to receive address books and contacts, not send.

There is a desktop app available from Ford that will allow you to manage the address book from your PC and upload it to your vehicle via the USB port. I don't know if it is capable of retrieving it, but it is probably your best source at this point. This software, called SYNCmyPhone, is available from SYNCmyRide.com.

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon