should i focus my developing scope on w10 or 8.1?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Even though my current projects are targeting 8.1 my question is, starting now should I start targeting w10 or do you think it's too early?

When do you think it's optimal to make the switch?

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
W10 as sooner or later, you will have to make the switch. Also, the store in w10 is more prominent and I think more people will be willing to use apps because they ate windowed. Finally, given the good reviews of w10 and the fact that it is free, I expect high adaption rate.

Ps. I am mainly talking about desktop/laptop/tablet version. If you are talking about the mobile version and need income very soon, I would target 8.1 for now as we don't know how long it will take for people to migrate especially if carriers are involved.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
For desktop focussed packages, may as well focus on W10 (they will work on W8 just as well). For touch apps however, W10 is not really together yet and will need a lot more work from MS (they do admit W10 is still a work in progress). So, I'd keep to 8.1 for touch apps for now and keep watching W10 to see when MS can get it up to speed on touch devices.

W8 is by far the leader of the pack on modern touch devices. Once that changes, go for it as we'll all be on the W10 wagon. Until then, fragmentation city. One OS for legacy wimp devices and one for modern touch devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon