Windows 10 Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (epfwwfp.sys), how do I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (epfwwfp.sys)

Installation went well and everything looking good until next day when I changed my Region and language settings. after re starting I got the message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (epfwwfp.sys)
This is on Dell xps15 laptop.
The system went through all the troubleshooting steps with the same result. Tried to rest but same outcome. Laptop cannot start. Please help

Jody Green

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (epfwwfp.sys)

I upgraded from win 8.1 to 10 on my dell all in one desktop on Wednesday. It worked fine Thursday but this morning when I woke up, my computer was at the new blue screen of death. I noticed the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL flash briefly each time it rebooted. I found this thread from another computer and was hopeful that the del command would work.

I opened the command prompt and it took me directly to the folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers

I typed in the del command line as specified in this thread and it did not find the file epfwwfp.sys. I did a dir *.sys in this folder and found only two sys files, neither this one. Anyone have other thougths?

dennis lupatsky

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

I don't have the file either. I upgraded to windows 10 weeks ago. This issue just started yesterday for me? I have a Dell Desktop as well. The only other symptom is, it won't reboot by itself. It stays in the blue screen. It says it's 100 percent finished but nothing happens. I have to hold the power button in until it shuts off. But my computer works. (I'm using it now) But sooner or later I'll get the blue screen saying Windows encountered a problem and has to restart.

Braie

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I keep receiving the following message on command prompt when using what you recommended PLEASE HELP
Parameter format not correct -

I'm sure I'm not using the command right please reply as soon as possible thank you so much.

Timkok

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I received this error in the first boot after upgrading to Win10 but the file name in parenthesis was mfewpk.sys. Thanks for the tips here I could fix the problem. I, however, did it so that I somehow could start Windows on safe-mode and then I went to the folder C:\Windows\system32\drivers and located the file mfewpk.sys. I moved this file away to other folder (needs administrator rights). Then I restarted my laptop - and WAU - everything works fine now.

missies

May 11, 2016
Visit site

I have a HP. I typed in the command below. "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\epfwwfp.sys"

It says "This system cannot find the path specified."

My command prompt says I am at X:\windows\system32>

I am computer illiterate. Could you direct me on where I go from here.

Any help is appreciated. I am dead in the water right now.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6