Win 10 problem with AOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WPCentral Question

I installed Win 10. Now when I try to insert a photo in my email AOL shuts down!!! Same thing happens if I try to paste a screen shot in the email, Aol shuts down. What's wrong?

Fred

CurtCountry

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I have the same problem. When it won't load, Right Click START, Task Manager, Under Background Processes, look for AOL (32 bit) and then right click that and select End Task. Then Aol will load properly. it seems when I run another program, then it gets deactivated and I have to go thru this step. Originally I was reloading the software almost daily until I figured this out.
Good luck!

scottpipkin

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Re: Win 10 problem with AOL -PROBLEM RESOLVED

PROBLEM - AOL DESKTOP ON WINDOWS 10 PC CRASHES WHEN PASTING INTO AN EMAIL

I use AOL desktop for email.

Since changing one of my computers a few years ago I have always had to be very careful when writing emails because as soon as I paste something into the email, the AOL desktop closes and I lose everything - extremely infuriating.

Sometimes it just crashes, even when I am not attempting to paste.

I have three solutions.

The first solution is to not paste into a blank line - so for example put the letter W, or any other character at the beginning of the line you are pasting into, and only then paste, and after the W. Then delete the W. Not a perfect solution because it is so easy to forget, but better than nothing.

The second solution I have just found is a more complete solution, but your computer needs to have or have installed a second, mechanical not SSD (solid state drive), drive My computer's main hard drive is an SSD drive and the secondary drive, D, is a traditional mechanical drive. I have downloaded the AOL desktop and when asked where to install, I chose the D drive.

Now the pasting does not cause AOL desktop to close.

There is also a third option, and that is to use AOL web mail, which does not suffer from this glitch. I much prefer the AOL desktop, though.

Hope one of these three solution helps with this really infuriating bug that AOL should have fixed years ago.

Regards
Scott

ecsnumbers12

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
AOL Customer service

If you are AOL user belongs to USA then you can contact AOL customer service Number 1-800-542-0248. At AOL customer service your each and every issue related to AOL will get removed.

Attachments

• AOL Customer Service Number.pdf
    571.9 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes