After installing 10 my internet connection, email and browser does not connect. Is there a fix for this?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

After installing 10 my internet connection, email and browser does not connect

message "cannot reach this page" then intermittently very slowly connects but only for a short time 1-2 min, most of the time email will not connect to my server. very frustrating is there a fix?

Jim MacGregor

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: After installing 10 my internet connection, email and browser does not connect

In our office, we discovered that the Cisco VPN client caused network errors when it was installed and then a Windows 10 Upgrade was performed. Uninstalling the Cisco VPN client and then upgrading remedied the problem.

Autumnslight

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: After installing 10 my internet connection, email and browser does not connect

I second the Cisco VPN issue. I had to roll back to 8.1, and uninstall the Cisco VPN client. I also uninstalled my wireless adapter device and drivers as well, then reinstalled with a freshly downloaded wireless driver from my laptop manufacturer's website. After I did both of those things, and updated to Windows 10 again, everything was fine.

Ronald Keller

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

thanks your comments concerning VPN set me on the right path I finally setup a new broadband connection and now it connects to the internet as it should STOP!!! it was just an intermittent connect it is back to same problem, connection lasts only short time. need to connect to get updates and emails i am using my laptop to get info connected to the same router. help

Last edited:

Job kevil

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

since I upgrade my laptop to windows 10 my internet only work on Microsoft edge, any other browser is not working even my yahoo messenger refuse to signing, my skype said any internet connect, please I need help: :unhappy: unhappy:

Jim MacGregor

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

My suggestion at this point is a catch-all. If you are willing to go through a clean install, I can recommend this as a general solution to slow/intermittent internet issues. We also had this issue on one system and went this route after not finding a specific solution.

Please Note: there's no guaranties on this path. From reading others here and elsewhere it seems clear there was a significant change to networking in 10. Starting fresh and then adding in your components will also allow you a chance to find a offending piece of software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon