How can I fix corrupt apps during a transfer from phone to sd?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Apps corrupt during transfer from phone to sd

I was transferring some apps from the phone to sd on my Mother's phone when a notification told me there was no more room in the SD card, which is fine. But when I went back to the phone menu all the apps that didn't transfer onto the sd card had a blank tile and were unaccessable, pretty much corrupt. I have tried all sorts of resets, a Message came up after I took out the battery and reset which asked to fix some problems on the sd. It didn't solve any. This is a last resort, what can I do get these apps back and all their data? She has stuff on them that she doesn't want to lose either.
As a side note there are errors on the sign in accounts menu and none will sign in, so the app store is useless. I need help

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apps corrupt during transfer from phone to sd

Sounds like a corrupt/bad/faulty SD card or possibly even a Fake SD card. A fake SD card is one that pretends to be a larger size than it really is, so that when you go over the actual size all the files begin to get corrupted, and you lose a lot of data. You'd be surprised at the places you can pick them up. If a price seems too good to be true, it probably is.

It may not be a fake one, as some SD cards are just faulty and need to be replaced under warranty.

Your best bet to recover the files is to insert the card into a card reader and use a file recovery tool on a PC. More than likely, you've already lost app data, as well as a lot of other stuff.

I wish I had better news.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes