Why did Bing Rewards cancel my account?

AlliGe

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been on the Bing Rewards program for over a year now with no issues at all. Use it on my computer & my phone. Went on today & got the following message:
Your Bing Rewards account has been closed because it doesn't conform to the Bing Rewards Terms of Use, which you accepted when joining.

"Our research indicates that you or your Bing Rewards account has engaged in one or more violations of our Terms of Use, which may include, but aren't limited to:

Being under the minimum age requirement of 13 years old
Maintaining more than one (1) Bing Rewards accounts per person
Maintaining more than five (5) Bing Rewards accounts per household
Residing outside of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
Not providing accurate account information, including your true first and last name, mailing address, working phone number, and email address
Using a service intended to obfuscate or hide your true IP address or location
Using an automated process or service to participate or search, such as a bot, cheat code, macro, or spider
Searching without the good faith purpose of obtaining Bing search results, without manually entering text, or by other fraudulent means of any kind.

As a result, you've been disqualified from participating in Bing Rewards. If you don?t believe you violated the Terms of Use and think your account has been closed in error, contact Bing Rewards Support. We will consider your feedback, but the final assessment of compliance with our Terms of Use rests with Microsoft."

I have not violated ANY of these terms. I'm waiting to hear back from Support. Has this happened to anyone else & did they reinstate your account?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me over a year ago.

I asked for an explanation, wasn't given one, so I went through that list you have and took it point by point, about how I did not violate either one. It took a few days, but they eventually reconsidered in my favor and tossed in some bonus credits.

I think a big thing is to also be nice, they're humans on the other end too.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs