In Windows 7 (PC or Tablet), I could hit the windows key, start typing and reliably find what I'm looking for -- right down to specific system settings. In Windows 8.1 and 10, I noticed that some results (particularly control panel settings and specific system settings) no longer show up and it takes several subfolders and clicks for me to manually find them.

Example: In Windows 7, typing "format disk" brings up the control panel option "create and format hard disk partitions." Typing "power" brings up "Power Options / Change Power Settings." "Network" brings up a number of network settings for quick access. "Display" brings up a number of display settings. This also worked in Windows 8.0, but in Windows 8.1 and 10, none of these searches yield relevant results anymore.

I considered downloading Classic Shell or switching to Start10, but is there any way I can improve Windows 10's start menu search to include control panel items and more system settings, without resorting to third-party options?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    08-07-2015 12:33 PM
    If you Right Click on the Start button, you'll see all of your advanced settings. Control Panel, Power, etc...
    08-07-2015 12:47 PM