After Install of Windows 10, I lost my rights to save any documents into my documents. How can I get my rights back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After Install of Windows 10, I lost my rights to save any documents into my documents.

After my Windows 10 install, I now don't have permission to save any documents to "my documents" folder. It is stating that I have to contact my Administrator for permission. This is my private computer and I am the adminstrator. How do I fix this?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: After Install of Windows 10, I lost my rights to save any documents into my documents.

I think since the AccountID were changed you have no right to access that folder.

Solution? If you use admin account simply try to open those folder. You'll recieve a warn that you need admin permission to go. After you click Ok you may experience few lags. Just wait until the folder opened correctly and it's done

Frederick Halliwell

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: After Install of Windows 10, I lost my rights to save any documents into my documents.

Hey microsoft fix ur **** before releasing a product. This is my computer and i am the damn Admin. I want to save and do stuff, like the rest of the world ;P

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

Hey microsoft fix ur **** before releasing a product. This is my computer and i am the damn Admin. I want to save and do stuff, like the rest of the world ;P

Dude that's always happen. When userID is changed you can't just access other user folder.

Just open it and the folder ownership will back to you

Maxisco13

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

this opening the map doesn't work for me, since i can simply enter all my maps, open the files. No problem. But when i want to save it to the original map, it says i don't have the rights to do so. This didn't happen after installing windows 10, but i noticed today there has been an update. Any other solution might be welcome.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

You also can take the ownership of the folder. All the files inside should be yours when you did

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes