Bricked Lumia 930 after Recovery Tool Flash, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Bricked Lumia 930 after Recovery Tool Flash

Hello everyone

I have a very big problem.
Yesterday I installed Windows 10 on my Lumia 930 Insider to test the new Windows 10. But I noticed several bugs on the preview of Windows 10 , so I decided to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 for more stability.

I installed the latest version of Windows Recovery Tool (2.1.2) and I connected my PC to the Lumia 930, the recovery tool detected the phone and started to download the 8.1 version of WP and the installation started.

My lumia rebooted, then a red screen appeared on the screen with a progress bar but soon after an error message appeared on the Recovery Tool (installation failed) and my phone stopped working: I reconnected the phone to the PC again but the Recovery Tool could not detect it , I tried to do a soft reset and a hard reset and the phone still didn't react (no vibration) . I tried the old Nokia Care Suite tool and it is still not detected.
My Lumia 930 is basically bricked :/

I don't know what to do, do you have any solutions? (My phone is out of warranty ...)

Thank you in advance.

AymanWP93

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bricked Lumia 930 after Recovery Tool Flash

My phone is completely "dead".
It doesn't boot up ; i keep holding the volume down & power buttons , still no reaction.
The phone doesn't boot up when i plug the charger....
wprt doesn't detect the phone even when i click on : phone not detected ...

rreifsnider

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't have an answer just a "me too". I decided to go back to 8.1 before going to the new beta release. I got stuck in flash mode on the Lumia 930 with an error message in the recovery tool. I made the mistake of shutting the 930 down and now it won't turn back on. I wonder if there was a problem with the updated windows phone recovery tool. I guess I have a pretty paper weight now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon