MSN App won't open web articles from my Interests

W

WPCentral Question

I have a couple of terms I use for Interests with Cortana that I also use for Interests in the News App.

Prior to build 10532, I was able to click the interests along the top of the app, and it would open related web articles. I could click on them and they would open in the App.

Now, I get the preview. I click on it, and the screen goes gray, the App is still responsive, but the circles spin endlessly. I have left the circles spin all night to see if it ever works. It doesn't.

I have this behavior on my Surface Pro 3 and my Desktop.

Help is appreciated.

I've tried the app troubleshooter. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. I've removed and added my interests back. Same problem every time.

Thanks.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
This probably isn't the response you want to hear...but you can probably chalk this up to "Beta". This could end up being an issue with the build, with the app, with how they interact with each other, with your configuration while upgrading...so many possibilities and variables.
I had an experience where, what looked like an ok laptop was total crap while going through the Preview program to the release of Win10. It got to the point that no one in my house wanted to use the thing or see what was up with the new Win10 builds. I did a clean install on release day and it was like a brand new laptop, complete with functionality and behavior we hadn't seen before...and it's now the go-to computer in the house.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb