Stopping W10 mobile updates

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
So I've checked for updates and it's showing me that there are available, however it says it will wait for a WiFi connection, yet it's slowly downloading over my cellular data. Then it fails, apparently. Is there any way to stop this from downloading? I've tried soft resets, unenrolling from the insider program, nothing seems to work

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I know it's using my cellular data because I'm constantly checking my balance since this download started. Thanks Aziz, that did seem to do the trick for now. However it won't let me cancel the download, only retry. I'm too scared to clear up my storage in case it starts downloading again. It's better than losing data though, I suppose

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Actually I didn't really remember about that. Haha. It was work for me (accidentally) in WP8.1 update to WP8.1u1 when I was having a lot of video & movies in my phone and leave only ~250mb space in phone memory. The automatic update run in background and suddenly update notification showed up and say it can't download update because of not enough memory. In that case it only show OK button if I remember, not Retry and update is canceled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon