Why aren't I able to send movies to my Lumia 535?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Not able to send movies to my lumia 535

I am using Lumia 535. Whenever I try to copy any movie file from my computer to the phone, the copying gets hanged. Then, if a I check my phone, it says Low Storage, besides having loads of memory. Yesterday, I tried olit again after updation, copying got completed but after that when I tried deleting my cache memory using app, same problen occured again. It always need restart and then scanning of sd card. Please suggest something.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Not able to send movies to my lumia 535

If your phone keeps trying to scan your SD Card each time you restart your phone, then you may also want to scan your SD Card using your PC - it's highly probable that your SD Card has already started to fail.

If your PC does find some corrupt sectors in your SD Card, then there most likely is nothing you can do to fix it (since most SD Cards are designed to write-protect themselves as soon as they start to fail to protect the data). You may copy your files from your SD Card to your PC, buy a new SD Card and the copy the files to your new SD Card.

Take note, however, that you can't simply copy your app data from your old SD Card to your new SD Card. You will have to move all your apps in your SD Card to your phone, and then move all individually them to your new SD Card.

On a side note, you may want to check the file size of the movies you're trying to copy - file sizes greater than 4GB usually can't be copied to an SD Card due to the format it is in when formatted by the phone.

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2