Facebook Beta nonresponsive

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am on a Lumia 920 running 8.1. I have been using Facebook Beta for a very long time. Yesterday, the app worked fine basically all day. Later in the evening I noticed the live tile appeared "dimmed" and was nonfunctional. Tapping on it did nothing and would not open the app. Likewise, going to the app list and trying to open the app there also did nothing as the app would not open when I selected there either.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Have any thoughts?

Help is always appreciated from my favorite online community!

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Usually this happens when the app is backing up data to OneDrive.
It's not supposed to take this long, but probably there was some error that happened on the background and the backup did not finish.
Try forcing a back-up through your phone's Settings.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
So this was my first instinct, but here's my predicament: When I go to the Facebook beta page in the app store, it doesn't show any options to install the app. Normally when you look at an app in the store, it will give you the option to "install" (if it isn't already on your device), "update" (if it's on your device already and an update is available), or "view" (if its on your device and no update is available). Facebook beta shows none of these options and is simply blank at the bottom of the screen where those buttons would normally be visible.

If you go to Facebook Beta in the app store, does it show this for others too? Link is below:
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=93da5d29-daf0-4783-9ed5-a87b33247ec6

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So this was my first instinct, but here's my predicament: When I go to the Facebook beta page in the app store, it doesn't show any options to install the app. Normally when you look at an app in the store, it will give you the option to "install" (if it isn't already on your device), "update" (if it's on your device already and an update is available), or "view" (if its on your device and no update is available). Facebook beta shows none of these options and is simply blank at the bottom of the screen where those buttons would normally be visible.

If you go to Facebook Beta in the app store, does it show this for others too? Link is below:
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=93da5d29-daf0-4783-9ed5-a87b33247ec6

That would be because the app has been redesigned for windows 10 and not compatible with 8.1 anymore. You may need to return to just the facebook app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon