Surface Pro 4 frying popping sound, cooling system.

W

WPCentral Question

Surface Pro 4 makes frying popping sound only when held as portrait tablet with USB port down. Not related to fan; but related to hybrid cooling system. Only happens after processor warms up a little, does not happen right way after cold boot. Any one else have noise? Is this normal?

chrisjohn2

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Mine also has this frying sound after it has operated for a time. I have not used my Pro-4 as a tablet so I am experiencing this as I use it as a laptop. Thank you for any reassurance/thoughts. John

Foreverseeking

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. seems to only happen when the USB is on the bottom and in portrait mode. It sounds like there is air in the liquid cooling.

did you replace your surface pro in the end? is this normal?

txo

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Any further developments on the issue? I've got it too with brand new SP4 i7. It clicks while in very specific angle in portrait mode when and only when connectors face downwards. The sound looks like it is comming from the space between cameras and bottom right corner (portrait mode) where CPU roughly should be. Is it something that has detrimental effects with time or is it only a strange harmless sound?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720