I'm looking for suggestions on how to manage my Google Contacts with custom fields. I'm going to export all of my gmail contacts into a excel/csv file so that I can "clean-up/update my contacts".

While I'm updating all my contacts I want to add some custom files to my gmail contacts. The reason for this is once I've cleaned up all of my gmail contacts & have all the fields filled with the data. I want - my plan is to import this file to Outlook as well. Since Outlook & Gmail have different fields available is there an type of template" so that Google Contact create my custom fields for all contacts. I know I can do it one by one, adding for each contact the custom fields that I need.

Once I have a "clean" excel file I will deleted all my current gmail contacts and upload my updated list? Am I able to do all of the above mentioned? Hopefully I'm making sense & I greatly appreciate anyone taking the time out of your busy day to help me!!
    11-30-2015 01:44 PM