My Nokia Lumia has sent text messages inviting friends to click on a video link..how did these text messages get sent?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My nokia lumia has sent texts inviting friends to click on a video link...

I haven't sent these texts. All I can find are comments that its not possible to get infected with a virus.. if this is the case how did these texts get sent... and is there anything I can do to fix the issue? Thanks in advance!

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: My nokia lumia has sent texts inviting friends to click on a video link...

Do originals show up as sent texts on your phone? Taking a guess that someone is spoofing your phone number on their own device.

Wilfs Mum

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

Hi, thanks for answering... the texts aren't in my sent items... if it were a random spammer using my number how would they know to send to my friends numbers? Thx in advance!

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

What model phone and OS version?

Clicking the link is akin to pushing a shiny, red button with no idea what it will do.

Wilfs Mum

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

What model phone and OS version?

Clicking the link is akin to pushing a shiny, red button with no idea what it will do.

Lumia 520 8.1 OS 8.10.14219.341

I checked with IE if anything had stored anything to my phone (I've now checked to not allow this) and a website HAD stored something; and funnily enough it was from a site that I'd gone to that behaved very strangely and I remember leaving it quickly... I have deleted the stored files. Do you think that might be related? Thanks for you help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett