Is there anything I can do if Windows 10 broke my laptop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I downloaded windows 10 because I kept getting popup messages telling me to. So I did. When I had windows 10, my computer was SO SLOW - I mean as slow as a computer we have that we bought in 1998- I'm not exaggerating. So I 'restored' my computer to windows 8... and it's still super slow (although *slightly* better than on windows 10) AND now it loses battery so fast, it basically has to stay plugged in. My laptop was bought 2.5 years ago and the battery was great prior to downloading windows 10, and it was fast too. I assume this is related to windows 10 because it happened immediately with the windows 10/8 downloading fiasco and it's a DRAMATIC change.

After uninstalling it, I'm still getting those popup messages telling me to download windows 10 (um...I did...and I hated...). Why are they pushing it so much if it has the potential to ruin people's computers????

When I went to uninstall it, there was a message warning me that if I uninstall windows 10, everything I did while on windows 10 would be lost. I was thinking it would have been nice if they'd giving me a warning like that before I downloaded windows 10 in the first place...

Is there a way to fix it? Am I just out of luck? I'm guessing I'm out of luck..but I thought I'd ask anyway.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As much as we'd like to believe the laptop is permanently busted and MS destroyed it, we can probably fix it up, or at least Band-Aid it.

In either Windows 8.1 or 10, I'd prefer it be 10 but it doesn't really matter:

but I would start with this:

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Help Forums
(option 2)

Its for Windows 7, but it still applies.

Windows 10 isn't inherently bad or whatever, its just that minor things can go wrong under the hood and cause some issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon