How do I keep my Nokia Lumia 635 from reverting back to the start screen when I tap on a tile?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

My Nokia Lumia 635 constantly reverts back to the start screen whenever I try to tap on almost any tile. I'm not able to send or receive messages or calls. This has happened once before, and it was immediately fixed after I removed and replaced the battery. I have done that several times now, and my phone will still not work.
Is there something else that I can do to unfreeze it?

Nokia Lumia 635

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I am short on storage, and I have tried to clear some room by going to Storage Sense, but my phone won't let me access Storage Sense to clear anything. When I tap on Storage Sense, the screen just reverts back again like it does with everything else without loading it. I was apparently able to clear my internet history, but I can't see how much room it made.

Nokia Lumia 635

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I am able to go to Settings and view some things, but I'm not able to do much else. I tried to tap on backup within Settings, but the screen just reverts back to the Settings screen like it does on the start screen, and it won't allow me to access it.

Nokia Lumia 635

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much for the help! I actually ended up being able to fix the problem before I had to do a hard reset. It did end up being a space issue. I was able to uninstall an app(I didn't realize that was something my phone would still let me do since they were all otherwise unresponsive), and make a ton of space from just that one. I held the power and low volume buttons for 10 seconds, and then my phone started to unfreeze and update right away.

Thanks again! The advice was helpful!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte