How do I check I got an Open box Surface 3?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi All,

Last week I bought a Surface 3 128GB that had terrible battery. I returned it today to best buy and got a new one.

The sales guy took out a Surface box and told me that it's "like" a new one. I asked him what does "like" means? He said no no it's new. Since then I have a doubt about this surface.

I opened it and got the battery report to check if it has some charge cycles, it didn't but it shows some usage on 11 Nov.

I can provide the report here, just that I don't know how to do it.

So, this is my question. How do I know if this surface is brand new or not.

Thanks

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Was the box sealed? I've never bought a Surface, but imagine the seal has a way of showing if it has been un-adhered.

Some usage on Nov 11 this year could still just be from the manufacturer Quality Control. Hard to tell without seeing the report.

Guests may not upload pics or add hyperlinks, nor new members either before they make 10 quality posts. You'll have to decide for yourself. Maybe follow up with your retailer.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made. Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

suryaveer

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I joined the site to reply. The seal on the box is too simple and that cannot be believed. Please see the report at https__www_dropbox_com/sh/ltihx03gj8zz6rg/AAAkGZ-LntYZ2KKEi7R8abCta

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll admit I'm no expert, but I don't believe that shows anything suspicious. I'd say if you still have doubts because it shows less than 6 minutes of power on 11/11...

Go to Best buy and get them to show you a box and examine the seal to make sure it looks like what you received and return the one you have if you don't trust it is BNIW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon