How do I manually select the provider I want to connect to? (WP10)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Whilst roaming in the U.S. my phone insists on connecting to T-Mobile. Even if I search for and select AT&T it will manually revert to T-Mobile after a couple of minutes. For some reason I can't get a data signal with T-Mobile but I can with AT&T hence the reason to want to force my phone to connect to AT&T.

Note: After I select AT&T the 'Automatically select' option gets ticked and greys out.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Manually selecting will not override what carrier you have service with.

If T-Mo is your carrier, you cannot "Roam" on AT&T towers while T-Mo towers are visible.

You may need to change providers.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made. Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Gary Colclough

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I should have explained further. My carrier is 3 Mobile in the UK. 3 Mobile have agreements for roaming with both T-Mobile and AT&T in the U.S. I can therefore make and receive phonecalls whilst connected to either network, but for some reason the data connection doesn't work whilst connected to T-Mobile, but does whilst connected to AT&T so I'd like to force connection to AT&T.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786