Why does my 950 not allow my to sync with "Phone Companion" or allow me to copy from SD card?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why does my 950 not allow my to sync with "Phone Companion" or allow me to copy from SD card?

I have the 950 and a 128gb sdxc 533x card installed. I have roughly 2k in photos on it, confirmed through the phone's File Explorer.

I open up Phone companion on my Win 10 pc and cannot sync my photos or copy them to my computer. I get a message that says it cannot locate my phone. However, it is listed in my device manager, devices & printers, and even "This PC" it is listed.

If I try to do the normal copy method of opening the folder, my computer can see a few files(86) and then stops finding any more. When I attempt to copy the folder directly to computer, I get an error message. If I try to CTRL+A and copy to computer, I get 1-2 files and it "freezes" on the copy dialog.

Simply put, WTF do I have to do to take the files off my phone and put onto my computer?

Zane Yacoob

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why does my 950 not allow my to sync with "Phone Companion" or allow me to copy from SD card?

im running windows 7 ultimate and using windows phone app but i suggest you check your sync settings. i dont understand why its not allowing you to copy and paste directly. the simplest way would be to go into "My Computer" and select windows phone right click open the browse through. if all else fails remove your micro sd from your device and use a card reader should be slower that the cards usual performance but its effective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon