Why is WP Find my Phone so awful compared to iOS and Android?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I like to keep track of family members using their mobile devices. This is really easy and reliable with iOS using iCloud and also very simple using Android Device Manager, but the Windows Phone offering is truly woeful. More often than not I get a "we can't find your phone right now" message and on the rare occasions it actually works I could grow a moustache waiting for it. I think I read somewhere that it uses SMS unlike the other platforms...why not carrier pigeons - probably be quicker! I've moved away from WP and now only have to get the wife to move back to iOS. I've been a WP user since day one and although I move away occasionally I've always come back to it up to now because the user interface is the best, but that's it for me; even WP10 Mobile can't keep me interested. This Find my Phone thing is a stupid, thoughless and completely unnecessary own goal....bye Microsoft!!

dhugos

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This is a bit more of a rant than an actual question. Be that as it may, there are things about MS programs and the phone in general that indeed are head-scratchers. You wonder, MS are you in this or not? But anyway, if it is meant as a rant, ignore these questions which are: how should it work, what changes would you make, and how do you verify whether the Find My Phone system is actually working?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I kind of get where the OP is coming from here. I had iOS devices, and there is a Find my iPhone app. On Windows you have to go to a website and navigate through it just to get to the function you're wanting.

If Microsoft isn't going to build a proper app for this purpose, at least they could build "findmywindows10.com" or something similar that just does exactly that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes