This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

"this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"

well, my problem is i am downloading music from the website "bandcamp". i download music, extract the file, and then have to "unblock" it so i can get the files onto itunes. i never used to have to waste time "unblocking" every music file on my old windows 7. now what i want to do is disable this feature completely. i understand you can do this with the group policy editor but i do not have that as i only have windows home. is there anyway i can disable this feature without using group policy? please if someone could help me this has put me in an unbelievable stress as i have a lot of music to download that ive brought and do not want to have to unblock each one individually.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: "this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"

You can enable Group Policy Editor in Home Edition: https://www.itechtics.com/enable-gpedit-windows-10-home/

Another tactic may be to always download those files to a certain folder... Then "whitelist" that location in your AV.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire