Unable to remove an Outlook account from a Windows Lumia 640

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Phone = Windows Lumia 640
I have 2 email accounts visible in "email + accounts", one account is a corporate Exchange account that I wish to keep on the phone. To test I held down on it and offers me "sync" or "delete" as stated in other forum posts. The second account is an Outlook account that I wish to remove, but it only offers me "sync" when I press on the name not "sync" or "delete". I have restarted the phone twice to no avail. Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
....one account is a corporate Exchange account that I wish to keep on the phone. To test I held down on it and offers me "sync" or "delete" as stated in other forum posts. The second account is an Outlook account that I wish to remove, but it only offers me "sync" when I press on the name not "sync" or "delete". I have restarted the phone twice to no avail. Does anyone have a fix?

Which email address did you use while first setting up your phone? I guess you had probably used the second, normal outlook account. If yes, then that is your primary account on your phone. All your store purchases, searches, etc. you make on your phone need the primary account. Which is why there's no way to simply remove that account.

Restarts don't always fix things. Yours is not a bug to be fixed. It's how Windows Phone was made. The only way to remove this account and use another one on your phone is to hard reset your phone and then use the email address you want to be your primary address during the initial setup (OOBE). But remember, using another email address won't let you install those apps which you had "bought" from the store earlier using the previous email address. Purchases cannot be synced across emails on WP. Also if you had backed up your phone settings and app data to the cloud then you won't be able to restore them using a different email address.

Hope that answered your question :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes