Default language settings changed to Arabic after upgrade to windows 10

Jameelah Sisawala

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
The title says it.. The phones language has been changed to arabic and I have no idea how to change it back to english... I've tried it by changing the region and all but still doesn't work on restarting the phone. I deleted the language arabic too...needless to say I'm super frustrated. Help please.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What country are you physically located in?

Do you have a SIM inserted?

By default, no SIM runs setup in the language matching the Region for which the phone was built for sale in...

By default, with SIM runs setup in the language matching the Region read off the SIM if available...

If this does not describe your situation, could you provide more detail?

Jameelah Sisawala

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

By default, no SIM runs setup in the language matching the Region for which the phone was built for sale in...

By default, with SIM runs setup in the language matching the Region read off the SIM if available...

I'm physically in Kuwait right now, bought the phone here- Lumia 1520.

There is a SIM inserted, should I try reinserting the SIM again?

Jameelah Sisawala

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

Hey, I'm in Kuwait, bought the phone here about a year ago-Lumia 1520.

The region on my phone however used to be US and language was English(United states) on my windows 8.1.

I changed it here too after stumbling for a bit but like I said it keeps defaulting back to Arabic but the region remains United states.

Monim Al

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I think that, it's not critical like that to change language. But why? I don't know. You can try like this> go to setting> security setting> Reset your phone. After reset & restart again you go to Setting>Language Setting> English (UK) (you can see update beside English)> Update It> Then press enter Up English (UK). Hope that solved your problem.

Jameelah Sisawala

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Looks like I'm going to have to hard reset my phone I'm just a little bit hesitant to lose my music. I know I'll get a back up of my videos and photos but one drive keeps crashing so I cannot upload my music on to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)