Regarding download speed of Lumia in contrast with iPhone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Regarding download speed of lumia in contarst with iphone.

i am an ardent fan to microsoft and its devices... in fact an arch rival and oppose apple inc devices. Today i and my friend had a petty rival over downloading speed with my lumia 830 and his iphone 6. Coming to the point, our both phones are connected to same wifi and my phone(LUMIA) is able to reach 4 to 5 Mbps of download speed while my friends iphone is able to reach 25 to 27 Mbps of download speed.His downloading speed is far more than that of my Lumia. Can i know the reason behind this. Is the wifi adapter used in iphone much effective than of Lumia's. Is there any other reason for this. can you explain what the thing happening with Lumia in contrast with iphone. Hail Microsoft Hail Lumia.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Regarding download speed of lumia in contarst with iphone.

i am an ardent fan to microsoft and its devices... in fact an arch rival and oppose apple inc devices. Today i and my friend had a petty rival over downloading speed with my lumia 830 and his iphone 6. Coming to the point, our both phones are connected to same wifi and my phone(LUMIA) is able to reach 4 to 5 Mbps of download speed while my friends iphone is able to reach 25 to 27 Mbps of download speed.His downloading speed is far more than that of my Lumia. Can i know the reason behind this. Is the wifi adapter used in iphone much effective than of Lumia's. Is there any other reason for this. can you explain what the thing happening with Lumia in contrast with iphone. Hail Microsoft Hail Lumia.

WIch kind of wifi router are you connecting? If it's a AC trype, I don't remember if an older 830 older than a Iphone 6 has got a dual band 2.4 + 5 Ghz band wifi, but I guess not
That's simply a different wifi chipset generation . iPhone was newer.
I will made compare tests on same wifi with a i6 and a new lumia 650, even if it's a middle-ware phone

XToro

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Regarding download speed of lumia in contarst with iphone.

The 830 does have a/b/g/n dual-band WiFi. Did the WiFi router have the separate name for 2.4 and 5Ghz bands? You have to make sure you connect to the right one. However, either way, you should still be able to get more than 4-5MB/s, even on a g connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas