Upgraded IE or EDGE for windows RT ?

fishsniffer2

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Google / Youtube message keeps popping up that they soon will end support for my version of IE, I believe I have IE 11 on my Nokia RT tablet! What are my options and is Microsoft going to do something since switching to Chrome or Firefox is not an option on RT and personally I don't want to upgrade to a different tablet, love my Nokia 2520!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use YouTube all the time on my 2520, IE Mobile. I've not seen this message. Check that you are all up to date.

I don't think that IE will get a new version or Edge make an appearance in RT. Sorry.

fishsniffer2

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Is IE mobile different from IE 11?, mine says IE 11? If I go straight to the you tube app it wont show but when accessing youtube signed in with Google, the same warning shows up every time!I like being signed in because it remember my preferences on youtube!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is IE mobile different from IE 11?

It's 2 versions of the same thing really. I don't know how I did it or if it is by design and it has been a long time that I've been using it this way so IDK what the heck I did. YMMV.

I only have one IE on my All Apps list... If I tap it from the All Apps list it opens in desktop mode and looks just like it would on PC with tabs, bookmark bar, etc. all on the top of the window and the classic desktop controls. If I pin it to task bar, it will always open in desktop mode

If I go to All Apps and pin it to Start and open it from there it always opens in mobile mode with the address bar on the bottom and classic mobile controls. Note that when opened, you can not pin mobile IE to task bar even though you see the icon there.

2ie.PNG

I believe it has been this way since last September when RT got the 10 style Start Menu. I've gotten used to it and for the casual browsing I do on the 2520 I just stick with the mobile IE...

Irregardless, I just went to YouTube in each, signed in on each, watched videos on each... Got no warning on either about support ending. Are you sure you are up to date?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium