Glance Screen Problems on qi Charger

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My Lumia 950 (ATT) is my alarm clock. I have a qi stand so I can see the time whenever I need to thanks to the always on glance screen.

However, since the last update, once the phone is fully charged it constantly switches between the glance screen and the lock screen. I think it's the phone turning the qi off and on because it's fully charged. Each time it enables charging the lock screen comes on momentarily. It wouldn't be a big deal except the lock screen is MUCH brighter and wakes me up.

Anybody else have this, or is it just my phone being a butthead?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Windows Central Question
My Lumia 950 (ATT) is my alarm clock. I have a qi stand so I can see the time whenever I need to thanks to the always on glance screen.

However, since the last update, once the phone is fully charged it constantly switches between the glance screen and the lock screen. I think it's the phone turning the qi off and on because it's fully charged. Each time it enables charging the lock screen comes on momentarily. It wouldn't be a big deal except the lock screen is MUCH brighter and wakes me up.

Anybody else have this, or is it just my phone being a butthead?

Have you tried a soft reset? Vol down and power button until phone vibrates? I've not come across this and like you, I charge overnight so that the glance screen stays on whilst charging. Have you got a pad or a dock? I have noticed that when charging is interrupted, the lock screen does appear, but that is when I remove the USB-C. I've not noticed it on my Qi pad.

Why not join the forums and gain access to those who have a better understanding of Qi Charging, and a wealth of W10M information and knowledge to help you make the most of your 950!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos