Phone wont get past windows screen after update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Just did the latest development update on my Lumia 930. Now the phone wont boot past the windows logo. Just sits there.

Had the same update with the last update a few days ago. I rebooted several times and it fixed it self. This time nothing seems to get it going it just sits here.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this is a known issue.
Your options are to soft reset and then leave it for 45 mins.
I had to do this twice on my Lumia 535.
Failing that you will need to recover the phone using the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool'.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread.

Last edited:

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I removed the battery so now I just sit here and wait for 45 minutes?
Not sure why you removed battery.
The advice given by Microsoft is to soft reset the phone (hold volume down + power button) and let it boot back up.
When it gets to the Windows logo, let it sit for 45 mins (if needed) and if still on the logo soft reset again.

fpena911

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why you removed battery.
The advice given by Microsoft is to soft reset the phone (hold volume down + power button) and let it boot back up.
When it gets to the Windows logo, let it sit for 45 mins (if needed) and if still on the logo soft reset again.

I only did that because the phone wasn't being at all responsive so I figured it was completely locked up. Forgot about the soft reset. Hopefully my actions didn't do anything to corrupt it :(

DimplesMcGee

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
How long is too long to wait? I've hard/soft reset about 10 times now but it still remains on logo after nokia screen. Did this on previous build and came right but I'm getting edgy now. How long is too long? Could it have frozen? Don't want to wait till morning to find it froze but don't want to start again if I don't have to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital