PC set to not sleep, but still does. How can I keep it from sleeping?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

PC set to not sleep, but still does

Hi all, so as the title says i've done everything i know possible to stop the computer going into sleep mode, but to no avail!
I've gone into settings and changed it so the desktop display never shuts off.
I've changed screensaver to "none" neither have worked and i need this pc to run a program over night, it gets around 2-3 hrs in then BAM sleep mode i wake up and see it hasn't been running for 5 hours (without fail everyday for the past 5 days - the age of the pc also) and it's becoming a problem - does anyone know anything else i can try? like an app from the store or something that'll stop it from sleeping?

Thanks in Advance!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: PC set to not sleep, but still does

Hi all, so as the title says i've done everything i know possible to stop the computer going into sleep mode, but to no avail!
I've gone into settings and changed it so the desktop display never shuts off.
I've changed screensaver to "none" neither have worked and i need this pc to run a program over night, it gets around 2-3 hrs in then BAM sleep mode i wake up and see it hasn't been running for 5 hours (without fail everyday for the past 5 days - the age of the pc also) and it's becoming a problem - does anyone know anything else i can try? like an app from the store or something that'll stop it from sleeping?

Thanks in Advance!

I think the display won't go off if a video app is on. Leave the video app on the screen but not playing and test. Try with different programs and apps like vlc, videos app, windows media player etc

But are the sleep settings you're entering for both when on battery and on charge?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes