How to send pictures through Outlook mail?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm trying to send pictures on Windows 10 phone (Lumia 640) through 'Outlook mail' and I'm getting message (in inbox) that email failed to send due to incorrect recipient address or attachment being too big. The address is correct, so I guess it's attachment size. The picture size is 2.5MB. Is it too big? What's the limit?
BTW - the unsent message is moved to 'working folder' - and you can't do anything useful with the message being put there. You can move it to inbox - but guess what: there is no 'Forward' function in inbox.
Seems like the Windows 10 mobile needs a lot of work.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to send pictures on Windows 10 phone (Lumia 640) through 'Outlook mail' and I'm getting message (in inbox) that email failed to send due to incorrect recipient address or attachment being too big. The address is correct, so I guess it's attachment size. The picture size is 2.5MB. Is it too big? What's the limit?
BTW - the unsent message is moved to 'working folder' - and you can't do anything useful with the message being put there. You can move it to inbox - but guess what: there is no 'Forward' function in inbox.
Seems like the Windows 10 mobile needs a lot of work.

is your phone with the latest OS update? Check in settings > system >about > OS build - it should be something like 10586.318
Check in store for any updates for the mail app, install if available
Check if you're able to send any mails with attachments after updating the appp
If sending still fails, remove the email account and add it back

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Conda777

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes, my phone is on build 10.0.10586.318, and there are no updates pending. I tried to send smaller file, and the result is the same. Message is not sent. And, as far as I know, the only way to remove account is a hard reset. I'm pretty sure this won't help, because I already did it once. And I have second Lumia 640 phone which has exactly the same problem. So, either this sharing feature doesn't work at all, or it doesn't work on Lumia 640.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, my phone is on build 10.0.10586.318, and there are no updates pending. I tried to send smaller file, and the result is the same. Message is not sent. And, as far as I know, the only way to remove account is a hard reset. I'm pretty sure this won't help, because I already did it once. And I have second Lumia 640 phone which has exactly the same problem. So, either this sharing feature doesn't work at all, or it doesn't work on Lumia 640.

by the way, there are two ways of sending photos: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-how-guides/421358-how-insert-resized-images-w10m-mail-app.html

Conda777

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
I have bought those phones for my mom and aunt, because they are not very tech savvy, they still use flip phones now. I thought Windows phone with those tiles will be easier to use than Android phone. Looking for the picture files in folders would be too difficult for them.
After additional tinkering, I have learned two things:
1. Sending email, even without attachments, through outlook account doesn't work.
2. I have added gmail account, and it works - I can send emails with attached pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon