Need help with Windows!

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I bought an HP desktop PC with preinstalled Windows 7 Home x64 on it. I have a genuine copy of Windows 10 x64 which I fresh installed but accidentally removed backup of Windows 7 Home. Now when I install my Windows 7 Home (also x64) on it (from a CD I bought 5yrs ago) it just doesn't work as good as that version which came preinstalled. Why? Seems like none of the genuine copies won't work as great as those that came with PC..
I noticed that transfer rate of files isn't like 80-100 MB/s and has dropped to 20-30 MB/s.

Can I make my PC run as great as it was before? Please help

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Best thing is to visit the HP support site for your PC and install the drivers there. 80-100MB/s is rather high for a regular hard disk and 20-30MB/s is more typical unless you are writing data to an empty drive.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I updated my drivers via Automatic Updates in Windows. I think that's fine. I'll try to update them directly from HP support site as I get home.

I remember transferring files from drive C to drive D or any other was average at lets say 60 MB/s with highest point at 90 and lowest at 50 MB/s. Now its just 20-30 MB/s with lowest at KB/s!!! It varies too much. Even with Windows 10.
If those driver updates do not help, I might consider buying an SSD instead of having an HDD.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I updated my drivers via Automatic Updates in Windows. I think that's fine. I'll try to update them directly from HP support site as I get home.

I remember transferring files from drive C to drive D or any other was average at lets say 60 MB/s with highest point at 90 and lowest at 50 MB/s. Now its just 20-30 MB/s with lowest at KB/s!!! It varies too much. Even with Windows 10.
If those driver updates do not help, I might consider buying an SSD instead of having an HDD.

another issue could be the hard disk is failing - I saw the same scenario on my external hard disk where write speeds were dropping steadily until it just died - copy your data to another storage before the thing dies - just in case

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
another issue could be the hard disk is failing - I saw the same scenario on my external hard disk where write speeds were dropping steadily until it just died - copy your data to another storage before the thing dies - just in case

I did what @realwarder said and there's no change. Drivers are updated from HP website and nothing changes.

I don't think my HDD will die cuz its in perfect condition, works quiet I barely hear it. Just like the first day I bought my PC.

I was told by some guy who works at Dell that stock OS, which comes preinstalled on a PC contains modified version of Windows with OEM's firmware that makes PC runs smooth like a butter. After that OS is deleted, PC won't work great as it was with any version of Windows installed after.

So I think I made a big mistake when I deleted that backup..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes