Hello, I recently deleted some app using the "storage" (not holding the app on the list and pressing uninstall) but the app without icon still remains on the list, dead.

Also I downloaded an 1gb game, the download after it finished it crashed and now the game is stuck on pending status and taking space, not in the apps section but in the system section of the memory and if I press the install button on the store. It starts to download again.

Device Lumia 640
    Last edited by Ntei; 07-18-2016 at 03:43 AM.
    07-17-2016 04:15 PM
    don't know what device (PC, phone, Xbox), but it sounds like a Hard Reset is in order (just reset my phone after taking Fast Ring update due to a stuck app (Photos), causing heat, battery drain).
    Alternatively, with the Anniversary update looming, you can wait it out till next update.

Issue could be the (dead) space app is consuming!
    07-17-2016 05:01 PM
    Isn't a repair tool or something?
    07-18-2016 03:15 AM
    Isn't a repair tool or something?
    try a soft reset first, that could clear up the ghost app
    so if you download the game again? What happens?
    07-18-2016 04:36 AM
    If the soft reset is ether battery removal ot holding down the power(+volume down) button till reboot I already tried that. I do not have enough memory free to download the game again, the phone gives me the low memory warning. I haven't tried to download on the SD though, I'll try that.
    07-18-2016 07:43 AM
    If the soft reset is ether battery removal ot holding down the power(+volume down) button till reboot I already tried that. I do not have enough memory free to download the game again, the phone gives me the low memory warning. I haven't tried to download on the SD though, I'll try that.
    Then a Hard Reset may be in order:
    • Take a good BACKUP
    • Use cloud backups (in some apps) to save configurations / data
    • Make sure you either move all data to SD or backup to PC / Tablet (pictures, music, videos, documents, etc)
    • Take screenshots of desktop / apps

Allow a couple of hours to fully restore, you may be pleasantly surprised with the results.
    It appears you may have to do this anyway, to free up space
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-18-2016 08:01 AM
    I was going to suggest hard reset too - but do it when you have your pc nearby and good wifi
    MDK22 likes this.
    07-18-2016 11:36 AM
    Thank you for your answers, I hoped to avoid the hard reset but it may be better for the phone in general, if I do a hard reset will I have the last w10 update still or it will rollback to 8,1;
    07-18-2016 02:55 PM
    Thank you for your answers, I hoped to avoid the hard reset but it may be better for the phone in general, if I do a hard reset will I have the last w10 update still or it will rollback to 8,1;
    If you were on Wm10, a Hard Reset will take you back to that, w/o apps (which will install later).
    Possibly use WDRT, IF there are any firmware bits left behind (don't know about the L640) OR you WANT to go back to ORIGINAL (OOB)..
    07-18-2016 03:22 PM
    I didn't hard reset but I solved the issue some how.
    After connecting the phone to my pc the space reading fixed itself, lol. I am telling you, Smartphones are crazy, my Ericsson pf 768 had no problems, ever😉
    07-19-2016 06:12 AM
    I didn't hard reset but I solved the issue some how.
    After connecting the phone to my pc the space reading fixed itself, lol. I am telling you, Smartphones are crazy, my Ericsson pf 768 had no problems, ever
    well, that was a feature phone, right? Or something low spec and low capability -small OS size
    07-20-2016 08:01 AM
    It was 90s model.
    07-20-2016 03:13 PM