i can no longer use copy and paste. something has high jacked the CTRL

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Something has high jacked CTRL "C" and CTRL "V". Also i cannot select the copy to clipboard and paste from clipboard in any of my programs including Outlook, or any other Microsoft Office products.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Something has high jacked CTRL "C" and CTRL "V". Also i cannot select the copy to clipboard and paste from clipboard in any of my programs including Outlook, or any other Microsoft Office products.

can you restart your pc and check if that resolves the issue?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This change has been driving me crazy for a while now because it doesn't work the same as it did in W7/8

I found that if I hold CTRL + C then left click I can select files individually.
To paste I just left click to choose paste from the pop-up.
I don't believe this was the same as it was in Windows past.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This change has been driving me crazy for a while now because it doesn't work the same as it did in W7/8

I found that if I hold CTRL + C then left click I can select files individually.
To paste I just left click to choose paste from the pop-up.
I don't believe this was the same as it was in Windows past.

I've never heard of that kind of feature/behaviour - was it present in older windows like xp?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Cut and pasted from the Microsoft knowledgebase help community.

More info:
Annoying problem if you rely 100% on keyboard shortcuts! I had the same problem and the fix is very easy. You will need to uninstall your keyboard driver and restart your computer and your CTRL keys will function once again. To do this:

1) Click Start
2) Control Panel
3) Printers and Other Hardware
4) Keyboard
5) In the Keyboard Properties window, click Hardware
6) Click Properties
7) Click Driver
8) Click Uninstall, click OK
9) Restart your Computer

143 people found this helpful

Members online

Forum statistics