Groove / OneDrive Song Limit

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I was recently setting up OneDrive / Groove music I could access mylibrary in the cloud. My understanding was that Groove allowed 50,000 songs to be uploaded free of charge to the OneDrive music folder and whatever space that took up it wouldn't come out of the OneDrive allowance? However OneDrive won't sync music past 5GB? Has something changed?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was recently setting up OneDrive / Groove music I could access mylibrary in the cloud. My understanding was that Groove allowed 50,000 songs to be uploaded free of charge to the OneDrive music folder and whatever space that took up it wouldn't come out of the OneDrive allowance? However OneDrive won't sync music past 5GB? Has something changed?

according to this article, you still have 50000 limit. Perhaps check where you're storing the songs and in what formats

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080138

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Last edited:

KAS267

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for replying, I have read that article and can confirm that A.) The songs are in the OneDrive\Music folder and B.) They are all in a supported format. I raised a case with MS and they have not fully understood the issue and simply said if your OneDrive is 5GB then you can only sync 5GB of data - which of course is a massive contradiction to what the article states. Google music still allow you to upload up to 50,000...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replying, I have read that article and can confirm that A.) The songs are in the OneDrive\Music folder and B.) They are all in a supported format. I raised a case with MS and they have not fully understood the issue and simply said if your OneDrive is 5GB then you can only sync 5GB of data - which of course is a massive contradiction to what the article states. Google music still allow you to upload up to 50,000...

the article say that you can upload upto 50000 songs. What it doesn't say is whether your storage gets used up or not.

I talked with MS chat support a few minutes ago on this and the confirmed that the 50000 song limit applies only if you have enough storage. So if you had 100GB free, you could upload a lot more songs and if you had office 365, then you can actually upload 50000 songs.

But with ordinary 5GB storage, it can't be done. You could only upload the maximum that the storage allows which is something like a 1000

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes