CozyPlanes

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi, first I would apologize if this is the incorrect forum.
When I am using a public wifi with no security, I mean the opened one, I know it is not safe to use an public wifi, then is it safe to use a VPN? VPN is a virtual private network, I know that, but because it is moving up address, I think it is unsafe. Also, what is the best vpn extension for chrome?
Thanks.

sarahgad

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
I would never recommend someone to use an open public wifi without a VPN. You never know who is sitting out their to sniff your data when you are active doing anything like online shopping, using your credit card, accessing your online banking or sharing important documents.
It is very easy even for novice hackers to sniff your details on an open public wifi network.
For myself i have bought a subscription of Nord Vpn. It gives proper security, as i have checked it too with any IP leak. So far i am safe and secure.

sarahgad

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Moreover, i was reading through online, it is better to get a dedicated ip on your vpn. Since it is unique and it is being only used by you. General subscription we get is for the shared IP which is being used by many. Dedicated ip will also save you from any DDOS attacks.
If anyone of you requires i can share the link to the blog.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos