Hi, first I would apologize if this is the incorrect forum.
    When I am using a public wifi with no security, I mean the opened one, I know it is not safe to use an public wifi, then is it safe to use a VPN? VPN is a virtual private network, I know that, but because it is moving up address, I think it is unsafe. Also, what is the best vpn extension for chrome?
    Thanks.
    07-25-2016 06:45 PM
    07-30-2016 03:45 PM
    12-05-2016 12:52 PM
    What I look for in a VPN is their privacy policies for their own networks (no logs and such) and their activism in fighting for their consumers privacy. I`d avoid vpn companies based in the united states but that is personal preference. With that in mind here are my favorites:
    AirVPN seems very trustworthy but I find their service cuts out frequently and is quite slow for the price. I've talked to others with the same issue.

I am using ExpressVPN but their windows client does not route your DNS requests and you must do a work around

I will be switching to NordVPN when my subscription runs out.
    Best vpn extensions:
    https://www.bestvpnprovider.com/best...ser-extension/
    mtf1380 likes this.
    12-27-2016 07:19 AM
    I would never recommend someone to use an open public wifi without a VPN. You never know who is sitting out their to sniff your data when you are active doing anything like online shopping, using your credit card, accessing your online banking or sharing important documents.
    It is very easy even for novice hackers to sniff your details on an open public wifi network.
    For myself i have bought a subscription of Nord Vpn. It gives proper security, as i have checked it too with any IP leak. So far i am safe and secure.
    01-31-2017 06:35 AM

I am using ExpressVPN but their windows client does not route your DNS requests and you must do a work around
    Amy, what work around are you referring to? I am using ExpressVPN on my Surface Pro 3, but not on my 950XL, please enlighten me...thank you.
    01-31-2017 07:30 AM
    Moreover, i was reading through online, it is better to get a dedicated ip on your vpn. Since it is unique and it is being only used by you. General subscription we get is for the shared IP which is being used by many. Dedicated ip will also save you from any DDOS attacks.
    If anyone of you requires i can share the link to the blog.
    02-07-2017 08:19 AM