'This drive has apps from another device' after Hard Reset. Any way to get them back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So my Lumia 950 XL updated itself to build 14393.5 overnight last night and when I woke up the phone was off (or had froze, was hard to tell). I battery pulled after leaving it for a few minutes and upon turning back on migrated my data. All was good, or so I thought.

I very quickly found out that some apps simply weren't opening (they would get to the splash screen at best). This included Microsoft Edge and Settings. Annoyingly I wanted to reset my phone Friday before this new build came out, but I didn't even know my phone had downloaded it and usually I'm pretty good with these sorts of things, anyway I digress.

I reset the phone via the button combination but before doing so removed my microSD card in fear it too would be reset, then restored from a backup and thought everything would be good. But now it won't let me store apps on the card until I delete the old apps. I kind of want these apps for the data and game saves etc. Any way for the phone to realise the apps are in fact from the same device?

Windows 10 Mobile continues to be a huge frustration and this is sadly the last straw for me.

PeteXT

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I wish there was more of a warning about this as I wouldn't of done the reset :( I wouldn't mind so much if I could recover just the saves and data, especially games. Of course I should of known better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes