No text message notifications when locked.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 950XL and it has recently stopped giving me sound or vibration notification when I get text messages when it is locked. I don't think I have changed anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Check the notification settings to make sure they are set to show up on lock screen. Otherwise this is a semi-common issue on windows 10 mobile 10586 (pre-anniversary update) and your have to reset your phone to fix it as far as I know :(

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950XL and it has recently stopped giving me sound or vibration notification when I get text messages when it is locked. I don't think I have changed anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

check that messaging is enabled to run in the background
check in notifications that sounds are enabled for lockscreen too
check other notification parameters too
Check for OS updates and app updates

Hard reset should be your last option

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

urs mani

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar issue but only AFTER a hard-reset and consequent upgrade to 10.0.14393.67. before on all developer builds I got SMS notifications normally.
while I do get the text messages on time and under lock screen and having checked all the usual suspects like background/lockscreen settings I could only adjust its notification sound after repeatedly sending texts to my mobile. suddenly at some point the 'messaging' app was then visibile in notifications and actions settings.
I have no skype installed on my phone and opted NO to link my contacts when setting up the phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon